Do you need to print a test page on the Canon printer to check the print quality but don’t know how to print a test page on the Canon printer? If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, we have shared 2 different ways to print a test page on a Canon printer.
The first way to print a test page on a Canon printer is to print a self-test page, and the second is to print a test page online. One of the main differences in both ways is that, to print Canon printer self-test pages, you don’t need to connect your printer with any device, but to print a test page online, your printer needs to be connected with any smart device, it can be laptop or mobile.
If you printer is connected with Windows or Mac operating system, then you can also print a test page using Windows and Mac, we have also explained those way below in the article.
How do I print a test page on my Canon printer without computer?
The self-test page can be printed very quickly on a Canon printer, but you must take care of one thing before starting the actual process. The self-test page (nozzle check pattern) can not be printed using the front tray of your printer; you always need to load paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.
- First of all, load A4 or Letter size paper in the auto sheet feeder of your Canon printer.
- Then you need to hold down the Resume or Cancel button until your printer’s power lamp flashes green twice; you need to release it once it flashes twice immediately.
The self-test page will print; make sure you should not open the top cover of your Canon printer at the time of printing.
This is how you can print a test page on a Canon printer without connecting it with a computer, laptop, smartphone, or another smart device.
How to print a test page on a Canon printer online?
The second way to print a test page on a Canon printer is online. This way, your printer must be connected to any smart device such as a computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- First, connect your printer with a computer, laptop, or smartphone using a wired connection or wirelessly.
- Then visit printer test pages tool to print a test page online. Once you open the tool, you will get different buttons, including Black & White Test Page, Print Color Test Page, and Print CMYK Test Page.
- Click on any button according to your printer’s type, and the test page will print.
Those are the two ways to print a test page of a Canon printer. We suggest you go with the online way because you can print both black and white and color test pages with one click.
How to print a test page on Canon printer using Windows?
If your printer is connected to a Windows device, then it will be straightforward for you to print a test page. Just follow the below instructions carefully.
- First, click on the Start button at the screen’s corner, then search for Settings.
- Once you open the Settings window, you will see the option Devices. Click on it.
- Then click on Bluetooth & devices, then go to Devices and printers from the right. Now you need to right-click on the corresponding printer driver icon.
- Now go to the Printer properties from the menu which pop up. You will see the option as Print Test Page; click on it, and the test page will print.
Thats how you can print a test page on Windows using a Canon printer.
How to print a test page on a Canon printer using Mac?
To print a test page on a Canon printer using Mac, you must follow the steps below.
- First, go to the Apple menu and then click on the option System Preferences.
- Now from here, click on the Print & Fax / Print & Scan / Printers & Scanners icon, choose the listing for your Canon printer on the left side of the window, and click on Open Print Queue…
- You will get the Printer menu at the top of the screen, then click on the Print Test Page.
Thats how you can print a test page on a Canon printer using Mac.
We hope this article about printing a test page on a Canon printer is helpful to you. Do share this content on social media if you find it useful for you in any manner.